A Vancouver developer will host a public open house next Wednesday to present their plans for a massive redevelopment of the 18-hole sa国际传媒 Springs golf course.

The proposal includes a nine-hole golf course, a 35-acre business park which the company expects would support 700 jobs, a year-round 12-court pickleball complex, and 10 acres of open space that includes walking trails, water features, and wildlife-friendly habitat.听

鈥淲e鈥檝e listened to the community and are proud to present a vision that reflects a range of priorities,鈥 Garry Fawley, CEO of Denciti Development Corp., said in a release.听

鈥淲e鈥檝e worked hard to create a win-win solution where recreation thrives while also generating high-profile jobs for residents,鈥 he said. 鈥淏y optimizing land use for both recreation and employment, the proposed plan strikes a balance that strengthens economic resilience and creates a place where residents can work, play, and grow,鈥

An open house will be hosted by the company on April 9 from 5-8 p.m. at Springvalley Middle School, 350 Ziprick Rd. More information about the development proposal is now online at

The fate of the sa国际传媒 Springs golf course has been debated for years.听

In January 2022, a previous city council adopted a new official community plan that designated the site for future industrial use, at the request of the former owner. Municipal leaders said at the time that more industrial land was needed to support job creation, economic growth, and industrial activity.

Denciti bought the 106-acre property after that council decision was made. But a hue and cry followed, with critics saying they enjoyed golfing at the course and wanting it to remain as a recreational site.听

A new council, led by Mayor Tom Dyas, was elected in October 2022, and the following spring the propertysa国际传媒 future use was changed back to recreational. The re-designation, Dyas said, was made to 鈥渂etter reflect community interests and preserve recreational opportunities鈥.听

Last year, the city tried to buy the property, but was rebuffed by Denciti.听

After that failed purchase attempt, Dyas acknowledged Denciti was free to submit an industrial redevelopment application for the property despite the OCPsa国际传媒 designation of the sitesa国际传媒 future use as recreational.听

If that were to happen, as it appears it now will, Dyas said city council would 鈥渆valuate it with the utmost care, ensuring it aligns with applicable policies, processes, and the broader interests of our community鈥.

The existing golf course will operate this year, but only as a nine-hole course. Denciti says its plan for the sitesa国际传媒 redevelopment will be formally submitted to the City of sa国际传媒 this spring.听